Rycobel offers testing equipment for textiles, nonwovens, carpet, fibres and yarn for online as well as offline quality control. Some examples: wear, pilling, colour fastness to washing, rubbing, exposure to daylight, tear strength, seam strength, etc.
- Colour fastness: determining the colour fastness of textiles.
- Wear resistance: The Martindale test measures the abrasion resistance or ‘pilling’ resistance of textile materials.
- Colour fastness to washing: Determination of color fastness to washing at different temperatures.
- Pilling : The effect of fabric pilling can be simulated with an universal testing machine.
- Flammability tests : In a controlled environment, the flammability of different kinds of textile materials can be determined.
- Comfort testing : Measuring the surface properties of a certain fabric in order to examine how this fabric is experienced