Plasma coating using plasma polymerization
All different types of materials like plastic, glass, metal, aluminium, PET film, textiles, etc. can be coated with PlasmaPlus®.
Plasma polymerisation with the PlasmaPlus® process is already being used successfully for surface coating in a large number of different industrial applications.
Examples of successful PlasmaPlus® applications:
- Improvement of barrier characteristics of plastics for packaging using plasma polymer nanocoating
- Paintability with long-term stability and resulting high flexibility in manufacturing thanks to nanocoating with PlasmaPlus®
- PT Release coatings, for injection molding tools, allow a high number of process cycles without the components having to be stressed with release agents that contain silicone.
- PT Bond coatings assure long-term adhesion in the adhesive joint.
- Because of their good barrier effect, corrosion protection coatings with PlasmaPlus® offer extremely high corrosion protection with long term resistance to corrosive electrolytes – especially for aluminum alloys.
Principle of surface coating with Openair® plasma
Surface treatment and plasma coating with the laboratory system Plasmatreater AS400.