QR-3000 Quick release drop tester
The QR 3000 is a Quick Release Drop Tester designed to drop larger, bulkier test items than the PDT models. The QR 3000 can accommodate loads weighing up to 3000 lbs. (1361 kg). Drop test height is limited only by the lifting device used by the customer (forklift, winch, etc.).
The QR 3000 consists of a quick release mechanism, lifting ring, and foot switch. Straps used to sling the test item are attached to the lifting ring, which is placed in the QR 3000. The QR 3000 and test item are then raised to a predetermined height by a forklift, winch, or other lifting device (not included). The footswitch activates the QR 3000, opening the “jaws” and releasing the test item for a free fall drop test.
The quick release mechanism was designed to provide maximum reliability and safety. It will safely hold the load if there is a loss of power. The footswitch is protected inside a metal guard enclosure to avoid accidental activation of the switch.
- High strength aluminum construction for durability and ruggedness
- Heavy duty industrial solenoid designed for quiet operation and long life
- Hardened steel cam rollers ensure a vertical drop
- Positive lock design will not release load in the event of power loss
- Self-lubricating low friction bearings in latch jaws and linkage
- Forged steel eyebolt provides convenient lifting point
- Footswitch is covered by a metal guard to prevent accidental activation
- Footswitch detaches for convenient set-up and storage
- Capacity: 25 to 3000 lbs. (11 to 1361 kg)
- Power: 115 VAC, 60 Hz (optional 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz)