PCA Score bend & opening force tester
Versatile Paperboard & Carton Testing
The ability to predetermine settings in the production of cartons can increase overall efficiency. Maintaining identical package specifications between the producer and the packager has also shown to be of mutual benefit for increasing savings in less reworks, rejects and down-time. The 1270 PCA also measures spring back after folding providing critical information for sealing or gluing operations.
- The 1270 PCA measures the force to open or bend paperboard and scored paper carton also corrugated score quality.
- Force data is vital for accurately configuring machinery that controls cartons on form, fill and seal lines and to analyze carton performance for runnability and quality control.
- Maintaining identical package specifications between the producer and the packager has also shown to be of mutual benefit for increasing savings in fewer reworks, rejects and down-time.
The Bending Fixture uses a pneumatic clamp that is operated with a foot-control pedal. Pneumatic clamping ensures a secure hold and a higher repeatability then manual clamping. The bending plate exerts the force required to bend the sample up to 90 degrees. A set of three reference plates are included that are used to verify accuracy.
Bending Force - An optional bending fixture measures the maximum force to bend a carton sample up to 90°. Measure bending stiffness, score ratio of scored vs unscored paperboard and carton fold springback force.
Opening Force - Measures the maximum force required to open a flat folded carton along score lines.
Consists of a sample platform and sled. The platform provides a travel distance of 203 mm (8 inches). The platform quickly mounts to a support plate above the bending fixture which minimizes time to switch between bending and COF testing. (Part # 1270-3009)
Coefficient of Friction (COF) - Model 1270 PCA includes necessary software to measure static and kinetic coefficient of friction.
This fixture is used to measure score quality of corrugated/cardboard containers according to TAPPI T829.
56 x 41 x 122cm (W x D x H)
- Power supply
- Can save up to 99 test results
- Built-in Software Includes:
→ Opening Force
→ Bending Force
→ Coefficient of Friction (COF)
- Statistics reported include:
average, high, low and standard deviation
- Spring back of fold test
- Score ratio test mode of scored vs. unscored paperboard
- Test result and curve data for PC interface
- Semi-automatic calibration
- Automatic return w/ overload protection
- RS-232 interface
- Optional data acquisition software program