Burst tester for paper & board - Bursting Strength Tester (Mullen method)
Laboratory equipment with pneumatic clamping to determine Mullen burst in board and paper. Large colour touch screen burst values representation, bursting curve, BEA values and full statistics. Easy handling and robust equipment, Easy change of the membrane. Possibility to test burst in wet papers. PC connection for machine monitoring trough test software and USB connection to printer and update jobs.
Property: Burst resistance
The sample to be tested is placed in the measuring area. By pushing the start button on the touch screen first the acrylic glass protection cover and then the clamping bell lowers and fixes the sample. Glycerin under the membrane is compressed and the membrane is pressed against the sample. When the sample breaks, the hydraulic cylinder stops and returns to starting position. The protection cover and the clamping are opened automatically. The maximum pressure is shown on the display as breaking force. The next sample can be tested.
- Measuring range 0-5.000 kPa/0-8.000 kPa. models.
- Accuracy: above 1% of the applied force in a range between 2% and 100% of the FS.
- Configurable pumping rate: 170 ± 5 ml/min for cardboard and 96 ± 6 ml/min for paper.
- Sample holding force adjustable by means of pneumatic regulator (maximum force of 7.000 N).
- RS-232 interface for connection to management and control programs.
- USB connection for maintenance jobs or for connection to printers.
- Readings with a resolution of 0.004 % of the FS.
- Statistic test. Average value, standard deviation and max.and min. values.
- Automatic test cycling with break detection and return to start position.
- Different configurable units for pressure standards.
- CE mark.
Others also viewed
More info? Quotation?
Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact us.