A sample of defined width and length is clamped and lowered into a container filled with test liquid. As soon as the sample has entered the liquid, the height of the progressing liquid front of the capillary rise is automatically registered by means of a high resolution area camera in combination with LED illumination modules. A load cell monitors the amount of absorbed liquid over time. The recorded measurement values are automatically communicated to the software algorithm, which identifies the parameters for the capillary rise kinetics of the tested material.
The image processing system gives information about the maximum, minimum, average and median height of the capillary rise over time. Time based weighing data for liquid absorption control is generated by the load cell. Out of the generated measurement values, the software algorithm calculates specific parameters of the capillary rise kinetics such as the estimated maximum capillary rise, the Washburn constant, wicking speed and capillary volumetric absorption.
- Sample width: 30 mm
- Sample thickness: Up to 3 mm (Customization on request)
- Detectable capillary rise: 250 mm
- Standardized testing: EDANA 10.3-99 ISO 9073-6
- Image processing system:
- Camera: Area camera with GigE
- interface Resolution: 1936 x 1216 pixels
- Illumination module: LED illumination
- Weighing system: High precision load cell
- Weighing capacity: 220 g / 520 g
- Accuracy: ± 0,1 mg / ± 1 mg
- Reproducibility: ± 0,1 mg / ± 1 mg
Een vraag? Aarzel niet om ons te contacteren.