Progage thickness tester
The ProGage Thickness Tester utilizes advanced technology to quickly and accurately measure the thickness of sheeted materials such as paper, plastic film, tissue and toweling, nonwovens, and textiles.
An automatic strip feeder is available for cross-reel profiling and roll or strip feeding. It can accommodate samples up to 7 inches (177.8 mm) wide. The distance the sample is fed between tests can be set from 0.1 to 19.9inches (2.5 to 505 mm). The feeder rate is3.33 inches/sec (84.6 mm/sec).
This thickness tester features a dual speed pressure foot which enables it to perform up to 20 test cycles per minute (based on configuration) while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. The anvil design ensures excellent parallelism as well as zero stability and calibration.
A wide range of selectable presets for the measuring of speed distance and the pressure foot speed, as well as pressure feet diameters and weights, enables the unit to be configured to meet a specific test standard. The ProGage is also capable of continuous or single testing with statistical analysis that is automatically performed. Average, high, low and standard deviation are computed, displayed and can be printed.
The ProGage is designed to be used in conjunction with other laboratory instruments for measuring the physical properties of materials.
- Auto push-button zero control
- Dual speed setting for test cycle increases samples measured per minute
- Rigid mechanical design ensures zero and parallel stability
- Stores up to 99 samples [average, high, low and standard deviation]
- Single or continuous cycling mode
- Push-button unit conversion [mils, microns, millimeters, inches]
- Adjustable travel height of pressure foot
- PC compatible, RS-232 port
Standard Pressure Feet
- Paper Foot: 0.630” (16mm) Dia, 50 kPa
- Film Foot: 0.190” (4.83mm) Dia, 62 kPa
- Film Foot: 0.250” (6.35mm) Dia, 51.71 kPa
- Tissue Foot: 2.0” (50.8mm) Dia, 1.52 kPa
- Nonwoven Foot: 2.221” (56.4mm) Dia, 0.5 kPa
- Custom feet to meet a variety of sizes and weights
The Progage electronic thickness tester measures the thickness of sheeted material such as
- Plastic Film
Others also viewed
Circular sample cutter
This Circular Sample Cutter, also know as round sample cutter, quickly prepares samples used for determining basis weight...
Digital & analog thickness testers
These analog devices allow the user to perform a quick and reliable test with a accuracy of ...
Electrical circular sample cutter
For preparing 100 cm² circular samples on paper, cardboard, textile and other materials. For grammage or other properties...
More info? Quotation?
Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact us.